Project-based element subjects
- Art & Design
- Art & Design: Fine Art
- Art & Design: Textiles
- Digital Media (Cambridge Nationals)
- Music (BTEC)
- Performing Arts-Acting (BTEC)
- Product Design
- Sport (BTEC)
- Chinese (GCSE)
- Computer Science
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- English Language
- English Literature
- Government and Politics
- Mathematical Studies (Core Maths)
- Mathematics AS Level
- Mathematics A Level
- Mathematics (Further)
- Religious Studies
Please note that all courses offered are subject to there being enough students opting for the course to make it viable.
For entry on to A Level and BTEC courses, we require a minimum of:
- 24 points in the 6 best full GCSE/BTEC courses, including English Language and Mathematics at grade 4 or higher. In 2019, students will have taken reformed GCSEs and will be awarded a numerical grade 1-9.
- BTEC qualifications will only count as 1 GCSE. If more than 1 is studied, only the best will count towards the overall points score. GCSE short courses will not be included.
- Only grades at 4 or above will be included.
- GCSE points 4 – 9 will be used to calculate the overall point requirement.
In addition, our courses have subject-specific entry requirements outlined in the Sixth Form prospectus.
To maximise both performance and progression, the following total points will be used
to guide core selection:
|36 points||Students have full choice of any course, subject to course requirements|
|30-35 points||Students select 1 project-based qualifications|
|24-29 points||Students select 1-2 project-based qualifications|
|Special consideration 20-23||We will discuss individual students’ situations, based on exceptional evidenced circumstances outside the control of the student or institution|