Leavers – what to do with your school iPad
When a student leaves Harrogate Grammar School they must return their iPad back to school by their final day with us or as soon as possible thereafter.
The only exception are those students in an iPad scheme where they have an option to buy it at certain points. Outside of these dates the iPad must be returned to school.
These dates are:
Y7 Schemes: (September 2019 onwards): mid-way through Y10, at the end of Year 11 should they leave us *, OR at the end of Y13
Y10 Schemes: at the end of Year 11 should they leave us *, OR at the end of Y13
Y12 Schemes: at the end of Year 13
* iPad price will be higher than at the end of a scheme based on the age of the iPad
Students still in school
Please download the Returns Form below and ask your child to take this to Network Services with its case and iPad charger. They will check the items being returned and then sign and return the form to them. They need to keep this document safe as it is their proof of return. It will be needed in the case of any query.
Should items be damaged or not returned there will be an invoice sent out – £50 iPad repair fee to fix it, and/or £25 for a damaged or missing iPad charger.
Students who have left us
We allow 14 days for an iPad to be returned before we lock the iPad remotely and find that this is enough time for students to save items they wish to keep before locking takes place and they can no longer open the iPad.
Items like app data generally should be in the student’s iCloud account, and photos should be in the iCloud drive, given that is where everything is backed up to. The iCloud drive can be accessed at anytime at iCloud.com. You can also save items to OneDrive or another Cloud storage system instead.
Before returning the iPad you need to:
1. Remove the device from FindMyPhone by visiting iCloud.com on the internet and logging in with the AppleID and password linked to it
2. Download the Returns Form below and take this with you when you drop off the iPad, case and iPad charger
3. If you are unable to return the iPad to school during the school day (in term-time) please email the Network Services team at email@example.com to arrange an appointment in the holidays. Please bear in mind that during the holidays the team complete work that cannot be done at any other time and response to your email is likely to be slower.
4. The Returns Form is your proof of return. It will be signed by the member of staff who takes it in and will be returned back to you. Please keep this document safe as it is your proof of return in the case of any query
5. Should items be damaged or not returned there will be an invoice sent out – £50 iPad repair fee to fix it, and/or £25 for a damaged or missing iPad charger
Options to buy
Should you have the option to buy your iPad (using the dates given at the top of this page) please contact the iPads Administrator as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those students who have not already left us, payment can be made using the online payment system whilst the account is still active. For everyone else the only method of payment is by bank transfer and you will be provided with our banking details and a reference number to quote.
Once payment has been confirmed the iPad will be released from the school’s management system. Should the iPad have been locked, an instruction will be sent to the iPad remotely. When it connects to a recognised Wi-Fi it will unlock. You will then need to wipe the iPad back to factory settings to remove all restrictions.