iPad consent forms
Students are required to have a completed iPad consent form held on their school record in order to use an iPad in school. Please complete the consent form below after which an appointment can be issued to collect an iPad.
This is a generic consent form that covers scheme and loan iPads as well as those year groups who are allowed to provide a personal device in school (currently Year 9 and above)
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Harrogate Grammar School parent agreement form – iPads for Learning
This is an agreement for the following
- iPad scheme
- Loan iPad
- Personal devices
The school has provided iPads and computers with internet access to help your learning. For all iPad users in school the expectations below will keep you safe and help us to be respectful towards others.
- I understand that if I have a loaned or scheme iPad that it must remain in its protective case at all times. If it needs to be removed from the case this must be done by a member of the Network Services team and no-one else
- I will only access the systems and my device with my own login and password, which I will keep secret
- I will not access another person’s device or storage area, or interfere with other people’s work or files
- I will use the iPad for school work and homework
- I will not waste time in school using the iPad for non-learning activities
- I will not behave in a way that can cause damage to iPads, ICT equipment or to IT installations
- The messages I send will be polite and responsible
- I will not give my home address or telephone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent/carer or teacher has given permission
- I will report any unpleasant material/messages sent to me.
- I will ensure that I bring the iPad to school each day and that it is fully charged at the beginning of the school day
- I understand that the school may check my iPad, files and monitor the Internet sites I visit in school
- I understand that use of the iPad is subject to the schools Acceptable Use of ICT Policy
- I understand that Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are not allowed in school
I am aware that the iPad remains the property of the school until it is offered for sale in Year 10, in Year 11 (if I do not progress up to Sixth Form) or at the end of Year 13. I know I will need to pay a sum of money to the school to keep it. I also recognise that if I leave, at any other time, the iPad must be returned to school. I know I cannot buy it.
I am aware the iPad has been loaned to me and must be returned to school on leaving or joining a school iPad scheme. It is not available for sale.